West Sacramento, CA 95837 US
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. is assisting in seeking a Transportation Supervisor for a large produce distributor in West Sacramento. The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation aspects within the organization. Brings an organizational skill set to managing budgets, schedules, routes, vehicle safety and legal compliance. Above all, demonstrates excellent communication and coaching tools when it comes to supervising a team of 65+ individuals (including Route Supervisor, Dispatch Operator, and Drivers). The Transportation Supervisor Directs and coordinates all customer service delivery activities, providing exemplary customer satisfaction while obtaining optimum performance of people, equipment and facilities. This is a direct hire opportunity!
- Articulates and demonstrates Company Mission, Vision and Values.
- Exercises transportation knowledge and expertise to provide leadership, offer guidance, and develop/coach talent to build a strong Transportation and Logistics Team.
- Analyzes effectiveness of all Transportation activities and directs implementation of policies and practices necessary to achieve highest service/low-cost model.
- Evaluates all routes for maximum efficiency and route maximization. Not a one and done, but requires routine review for continuous improvement, including creating and eliminating routes.
- Conducts thorough and objective accident investigations related to company fleet. Develops cause-analysis of accidents and follows up to ensure appropriate corrective measures and training are implemented.
- Coordinates with broker and insurance carrier any motor vehicle accident claims.
- Schedules drivers on a weekly basis, taking into consideration their driver licenses: Commercial Drivers or C License Drivers.
- Meets all legal requirements and ensures compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Department of Transportation (DOT), California Air Resources Board (CARB), International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), International Registration Plan (IRP), Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), Basic Inspection of Terminals (BIT) and others.
- Manages the procurement of trucks, tractors, automobiles, trailers and other equipment.
- Ensures proper maintenance schedule of trucks, tractors, automobiles, trailers and equipment.
- Reviews and approves expenses for our fleet and related equipment.
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS Supervise the Routing Supervisor, Dispatch and Drivers delivering product to our customers. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting, operations management, inventory control, material handling and customer service
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from their initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Innovation in thought processes in order to design and implement programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain the confidence and support of the workforce.
- Five years’ experience as a department manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/management or related field is preferred.
RATE: $75-85K DOE, Direct Hire
SHIFT: Day shift, Tues-Sat
LOCATION: West Sacramento, CA
REMOTE OR RELOCATION: NO