Holly, MI 48442 US
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. is looking for experienced SMT Operators to work 2nd shift (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM) for our manufacturing client in Holly, MI. This position requires training on 1st shift (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM),before moving to 2nd shift.
1st shift: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
2nd shift: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Overtime may be required, as needed.
SMT operators will work with SMT machines to solder small parts such as circuits, transformers, sockets, and other electronic components. Good manual dexterity is required to position, align, and place components for SMT machines, which must be tended by replenishing their supplies and programming them in an efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities of SMT Operator:
- Picks components and prepares kits for manufacturing.
- Set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue
- Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven.
- Track machine performance and effectively communicate with management as problems arise.
- Interpret blueprints and work instructions to ensure product quality.
- Responsible for accessing company procedures and navigate shop floor controls.
- Utilize a manual, semi-automatic or automatic solder paste stencil machine
- Follow practices to ensure ISO standards are being met.
- Replace damage, missing, misplace and wrong used/mount resistors, capacitors, etc.
- Mount components such as transformers, resistors, capacitors, integrate circuits and sockets on panel or print circuit board.
- Provide preventive maintenance, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems to increase company productivity
- Perform all other as assigned.
Requirements for SMT Operator:
- Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly process.
- Must be able to properly clean boards.
- Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components.
- Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies.
- Able to interpret IPC standards for acceptability and customer specifications.
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, etc.
- Preform house-keeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Professionally and effectively communicate both verbally and written with coworkers and management.
- A self-starter with good organizational skills and analytical skills.
- High School Diploma