Flint, MI 48503 US
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. is looking for an experienced Materials Manager for our client in Flint, MI. This position will work 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends will be required, as needed.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.
The Materials Manager will oversee the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements.
- Manages and trains supervisors in the manufacturing department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Directs production and inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage.
- Directs production planning and scheduling based on sales forecasts.
- Maintains inventory levels to ensure deliveries occur within customer timelines.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of the perpetual inventory system.
- Works with purchasing department to schedule delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversees shipping and receiving functions related to purchased parts and finished goods.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce transportation costs and charges.
- Manages and monitors storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Performs write-offs on damaged or obsolete inventory to reflect accurate value of inventory.
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year-end physical inventory.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Submit an updated resume today for immediate consideration!