Clio, MI 48420 US
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. is looking for experienced Automotive Technicians to work 1st shift (6:30 AM - 2:30 PM), for our client in Clio, MI. This position may require overtime, as needed. Pay will be based on experience, $17.00 - $19.00/hour.
This person will be responsible for the maintenance and building of transport and heavy duty trucks. It requires someone that has their own tools, and experience operating a forklift. Welding experience is a plus.
Automotive Technician Duties:
- Capable of driving, backing up bobtail, in safe manner
- Able to work at high elevation and/or in confined space
- Able to obtain STS forklift certification and safely operate forklift/SkyTrack
- Able to safely operate overhead crane
- Assist with shop cleaning, emptying of trash cans, organization, etc.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Make use of time and remain productive
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Strong problem solving and documentation skills
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- An understanding of basic principles of propane and safe handling is a big plus.
- Basic mechanical skill level/aptitude.
- Owning of basic hand tools.
- Experience in electric of pneumatic drilling, grinding power tool capabilities.
- Recognize mechanical components and familiar with basic mechanical repairs.
- Welding experience is also a huge plus! Must be trainable and willing to learn.
- Forklift certification will be completed within the first 30 days.
Submit an updated resume today!