Automotive Equipment Installer
Flint, MI 48503 US
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. is looking for an experienced Automotive Equipment Installer, someone that is mechanically inclined, to work 1st shift, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM, for our client in Flint, MI. Pay will be based on experience, $17.00 - $18.00/hour. Overtime on Saturday may be required, as needed.
This person will be required to fabricate, assemble and install truck equipment on a pre-built truck chassis. In doing this, the mechanic will need to read work instructions and installations directions, gather materials, properly build the equipment, and test its performance before delivering the unit to a final product audit.
As a result of these requirements, this person must have a strong mechanical background, with working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, 12 volt electrical systems and assembly. The person will need to work in conjunction with a production schedule and in sequence with other functional groups (paint, quality, and other mechanics) to assure the proper and timely completion of the truck.
1. Ability to read the work order and the installation materials to assure a proper build
2. Work safely in a production environment
3. Accept training from others and provide training to newer employees as the opportunity permits
4. Complete production requirements in a timely manner
5. Must be able to lift more than 50 pounds on an occasional basis during the course of the work day
6. Fully function the vehicle at the time of completion to assure specification compliance
7. Must be able to work 10 hour days and Saturdays
8. Most of the work is standing, so you must have the physical ability to stand for long periods of time.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience using a welder and fabricating steel
• Willingness to work on different products on a daily basis
• Must have your own tools for doing most of the installation work. Welders, plasma cutter, and wear items to be supplied by the shop.
Preferred Skills / Experiences:
• Previous experience working on automotive electrical systems and hydraulic systems
• Previous work in an assembly environment
• Previous experience in the truck equipment industry or similar industry
• Previous experience working against timed job standards and a proven record of being able to meet completion standards
• Formal mechanical training or certifications (ASE or other)
Submit an updated resume today or call/text (810) 652-0800 for more information!